Sunday, August 26, 2007

When it rains, it pours

So, I woke up on Friday morning, and I was feeling a little disappointed because it was to have been my last day at work. I don't particularly love my job -- I set in the corner and answer the phone and stuff envelopes all day. It's not challenging, although I am thankful for the job I have since it is what the Lord has provided for me to do. But I digress -- I was feeling a little down because of my job, and disappointed because I had been expecting to move.

Well, Friday morning before I even left for work, I had two calls about jobs.

The first job is working through Manpower, working for Allied Chiropractic, doing some credentialing for their physicians, and enrolling doctors in benefits and things like that. I had a phone interview on Friday afternoon, and a face to face interview tomorrow (Monday) at 3:30.


The second job is something that I actually applied for about 6 months or so ago. It would be working as an Administrative Assistant at a Christian CPA firm in Virginia Beac, VA. I spoke with them for about 45 minutes on Friday and about an hour and a half on Saturday. They would like me to work as an Administrative Assitant and eventually work up to Office manager, probably within the next 24 months. They would want me to take the Tax Preparation class through H&R Block and a basic accounting class, just to kind of get to know the basics of the business. They offered me the job if I want it now, or would pay for me to fly out and visit. They will also pay for my moving expenses. The only drawback is that the pay to start out with isn't great, but the man I'd be working for would be allowing me to live with he and his wife for the first 6 months or so. That would be part of my salary, and an opportunity to save some money. It sounds like a really great opportunity...maybe almost too great to be true.

So...there are the options. I am praying, and appreciate your prayers, that the Lord will direct me to the job that He wants me to have. I am praying that the Lord will open one door and close the other one.

I'll keep you posted on how things go, but I really appreciate your prayers about these jobs.

No comments: