I Thessalonians 5:18
Does that mean EVERYTHING?? Why, yes. It does.
Does that mean EVEN THE STUFF THAT HURTS US?? Why yes, it does.
So, I decided to make a list of things I'm thankful for....including the "bad" ones:
- My family -- it is so nice that we live so close together, because we won't always
- My Mom -- she is such a caring, giving person
- My Brother-In-Law -- even though he doesn't always use the most tact, I am pretty sure he is just trying to help me become a better person.....
- The Migraines -- I have learned a lot about pain during the past couple of years. Having a severe headache or migraine every day can be trying....but, it feels sooo nice during the rare days I don't have any. I am also thankful that the Lord has allowed me to have them, so I can understand just a little bit about how people who live in severe, chronic pain feel.
- The interviews that didn't work out, especially the one at Baptist Mid-Missions -- I am thankful that the Lord has a perfect plan for my life, and that He will provide the best job for me in His perfect timing.
- The job I have now -- even though it is sooo tiring and tedious, it is what the Lord provided for me, and something is always better than nothing. AND it could be worse!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am thankful for my salvation!!! Wow -- it is so amazing! God sent his Son to die on the cross for ME! I certianly don't deserve that kind of love!! "Behold what manner of love the Father has given unto us....that we should be called the sons of God." That's part of a song I remember singing growing up. How true it is!!
So....those are just a few of the things I'm thankful for. Now, I want to challenge each of you who reads this -- think of one "good" thing you are thankful for and one "bad" thing you are thankful for. I'd love to see everyone post here....please!!