Tuesday, August 28, 2007

On a lighter note...

....I've had some stamping fun recently. It's nice that, even in the midst of all the stress and job trauma, I can still take time to relax and have fun.

This is a card I made for Caleb Reese. Those of you who know the Reese family know Caleb had a serious eye injury and really needs our prayers. I thought a pirate card might be something Caleb would enjoy. My friend Shelly (papermoon on SCS) sent me these images. Thanks, Shelly.
Stamp Sets: Ahoy Matey, Matey's Map
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Technique: Distressing, Direct to Paper
Accessories: Rafia, Dimensionals


This notecard holder is one of my favorite projects to make!! I made this and a set of Terrific Tulip cards for a gift basked I donated to work for a co-worker's benefit. These are sooo easy to make, and I loooove making them!!
Notecard Holder measurements:
1. Start with an 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock
2. Score along the 11" side at 2.5", 3", 7.5", & 8"
3. Score along the 8.5" side at .75", 1.25", 7.25", & 7.75"
4. Trim corner to 3" score line and 1.25" score line. Repeat on corresponding score lines for all corners.
5. Fold along all score lines and put together.

Stamp Sets: Wild Rose, Terrific Tulip, Swirly wheel
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Tempting Terquoise, Very Vanilla
Embelishments: Primas, Brads, Organdy Ribbon, Stickles
Technques: Distressing, Heat Embossing (swirls on the card)
Thanks for looking. I hope you are having a great week!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of your projects are beautiful! I'm going to have to try your notebook holder thing. Thanks for sharing!