Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Unexpected Blessings

Soooo.....I got home from work today, and there was a letter from the company who took care of our 401k at my last job. I had cashed it out when I quit working there. Well, apparently there was some money that hadn't been taken into account or was lagging behind or SOMETHING. So, they sent me a check in April, and I didn't even know that. Well, about two months or so ago I had a run-in with Josh and Shannon's garage door....now it's crinkled It is not a happy time to remember. Well, it's been floating around in the back of my mind that I have NO IDEA where the money to fix it is going to come from, especially if I am going to be moving. What an answer to prayer....it's like free money!! J and S are still waiting on the quote...the guy came and did an estimate about a month ago. So, hopefully we will be able to get this stuff squared away quickly.


On another note, today is my sister's birthday. Dare I tell how old she is? Naw....I'd better not. I did make her a set of REALLY cute cards, though....so I thought I'd share.










I hope you are having a wonderful day!!
Hugs!!
Melinda

1 comment:

Karis said...

Yeah for unexpected blessing like that! We had something similar happen to us one time. I had never contributed to the 401K, but apparently, my company had been contributing (I thought they only matched what I had put in or whatever). It was just a little each month that they put in for me, but it ended up being almost $1500 over 5 years! I actually called before I cashed it because I wasn't sure it was mine, and what a fun thing it was when they said it was mine!