Thursday, August 30, 2007

Decisions Decisions

I had my second interview with Allied Chiropractic, and the supervisor said she feels comfortable offering me the job, after she talks to her boss and the HR type person. It sounds like a pretty good job with lots of variety, which is a huge plus. Manpower had told them I was thinking of relocating and so they asked me about that. I told them I have a job offer in VA Beach that I am flying out a week from today to review, but that I would have a decision when I get back. So there ya have it. Now I have two job offers. I appreciate your continued prayers that the Lord will give me wisdom in knowing wich to persue.

On another note, my friend Kristina (not my soon to be Sister in Law) came over last night and stamped with me. She got here at 6:30 and left about 10:00. We had so much fun!! I made three cards for VSN next weekend. One of them is a pre-challenge card, so I'll post it here. The rest you will have to wait for. :o)

Here is one of my creations, though. The challenge, linked HERE was for Christmas in August -- to create a Christmas card using fall colors. I love using non-traditional colors for Christmas cards, but I usually gravitate to bright colors....imagine that...me, using BRIGHT COLORS!

Stamp Sets: Holiday Wishes, Swirly wheel
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Ink: Versamark, Pumpkin Pie, Bearly Banana
Embelisments: Olive and Chocolate ribbon, Stickles,
The tree is embossed with gold detail EP, star is cut out and mounted on dimesionals. The jumbo eyelets added just the right touch, I think.


The second project is a glass bottle that I decorated for Shannon's baby shower. The people had to guess how many Skittles are in the bottle. I decorated the bottle with this awesome circle designer paper, and then added the big flowers.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets - Big Blossom, Pocket full of Poseys, Very Punny
Cardstock - Creamy Caramel, Whisper White, Tempting Terqouise
Embelishmetns: Ribbon
Technique: Faux shaving cream, Embossing (the lid is embossed with red glittery EP)
Tools: Paper Crimper, Circle Scallop Punch, Circle Punch

Have I mentioned lately that I loooove stamping???