Monday, November 10, 2008

Well....it's been a week and a half since Josh and I broke up. And this is what I've learned

1. My brother, David, will always stick up for me.

2. Tiffany is willing to put up with my always-over-the-top over-reacting to things (e.i. - no one will ever love me again...what's wrong with me that no one wants me....yadda yadda yada.....booo hoo and blubber). It's as good as having my sister here.

3. Mom is usually almost always 99.9% of the time right (Now this I already knew....I was just reminded).

4. Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but we just need to do it anyways. God promised us that He will carry us through the difficult times. Like my favorite song "He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock, and covers me where with His hand."

5. I have the mostest awesomest group of family/friends that anyone could ever have. Thanks for putting up with me, y'all!!

6. Going to chapel really isn't that bad after all. LOL Funny....it took me almost 8 years to learn that lesson. Oh - and when I went to chapel, Bob III preached. He is one of my favorite preachers. Lucky me!!

Oh...and yes, I'm doing ok. I've been keeping busy with my friends. I made yummy veggie soup for supper on Sunday night. The only real tragedy is that my toe hurts. Yeah, so Tiff and I were on campus Saturday for lunch. We stopped by the music library and my foot was hurting, so i took off my shoe and looked. Low and behold, I am missing a whole layer of skin on my baby toe. OUCHIE-WOW-WOW!! I taped it back in place (no Band-Aides at the music library) and then Ben rescued me when we got back to his work (Bellis Copy Center). The toe still hurts, but we are recovering...although at one point, I thought we might have to amputate. I'm glad we didn't though. I'm powerful attached to that toe!!

2 comments:

Karis said...

Too bad Kayla can't read. I'd have her read number three over and over! (different context with a three year old but can you tell it's been a battle of the wills recently?)

Thank you, Lord, for family and friends!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Glad you have great friends and family!! What a blessing!