Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weekend and Some News

So I have had a fabulous weekend so far!! Last night, I had a girl's night with Stephanie. We went to supper at Fuddruckers (I do love some yummy, juicy hamburgers!!!). It has been a long time since I went out for dinner, so that was just really nice. Then, we went back to her house and sat in the hot tub for a while. It's been a long time since I've gotten to do something like that, and it was just a great time to relax. I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with Stephanie lately. She got married in March, and she and Hugh work kind of opposite schedules, so it's hard to get together with her.

Today was equally nice. Tiffany and I went to Gaffney, SC, and went to the outlet mall. I have been needing some new fall-ish shirts and pants. I got three really cute shirts, but unfortunately the pants I found just didn't fit right. But, I got some really good deals so it's all good. Tiffany and I actually got shirts alike. But don't worry, we're not going to probably wear them on the same day. LOL Oh -- we also went to Aldi. Holy sticker shock, Batman!! I spent $103!!! BUT It's been a while since I've really had my kitchen stocked the way it should be. Plus, I was getting some stuff for Thanksgiving dinner, like pecans and such-like that are a little on the pricey side. UGH!! Money has been a little tight, but things are starting to get better. Mostly, I've been subsisting on cheap food...which isn't always good-for-you-food.

Anyways, I really like hanging out with Tiffany....it's like having a sister here.

Oh -- and while I was at the mall, I got a text from Mark. It's a picture of Krystina wearing a shirt that says "bun in the oven". LOL Yeah -- Mark and Krystina are going to have a baby!! She is due around July 13 or so. Yay for another niece/nephew. I really love being an Aunt. I am so excited about this!! It made me cry. Mark said that I shouldn't cry, but I assured him that it was ok to cry because I was so happy.

I got some other good news today, too. Things with my apartment situation are a little precarious. I have to be out of my current place by December 1 but I found out today that I may not be able to get into my new place by then. So, I was talking to Mrs. Parsons (a good family friend who has known me since I was like 2 -- she's like my mom here) and she said that I could stay with them if I needed to. And some people in my church have already offered to let me keep my stuff in their basement, so I'm all set for a place to go if I need it. AND I'm not sure if I will be able to go home for Christmas. I'm not sure about the money thing, and I don't even know if I'll be able to get the time off work. But Mrs. Parsons said I am welcome to come to their house for Christmas. So I really am all set for stuff like that. YAY!!!

Well, Tiffany and Ben and I are watching The Wizard of Oz, so I'm off. Have a good night!!

4 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Glad you are having a great weekend! How excited that you will be an aunt again!!

Anna said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! And congratulations on becoming an auntie again.

Hannah Schaefer said...

Isn't Mrs. Parsons the absolute best? I love her.

Melinda McMillen said...

Yes. Mrs. Parsons is FABULOUS!!! I've known them like my whole life....definately awesome!!