Tuesday, June 26, 2007

On Heartache


Well, I did not get the job in Cleveland. Wow! I was really surprised, because I left there sure they would hire me. But, apparently that is not what God has in store for me. It was so hard for me to hear the "No" answer. I put 105% of myself into that interview, and I honestly and truly desire to serve the Lord in that capacity. So, when I found out that I didn't get the job, my poor little heart was just broken.

Do you know what the amazing thing about a broken heart is? I serve the Healer of Broken Hearts. I have a loving Heavenly Father Who desires the best for my life. My Father knows what is best for me, I don't. All my Father asks is that I trust Him to know what is best for my life. I don't understand it, and that's ok. God never asks us to understand what He is doing in our lives. He only asks us to trust Him. 100% of the time. No matter what. So, that is what I am going to do. That doesn't mean it's easy, and that doesn't mean I am not disappointed. Right now, it is very hard. That seemed like the perfect opportunity for me to use my abilities to serve the Lord, and I am disappointed I didn't get that job. BUT, that is not what is God's best for me. God's best for me is yet to come. So, I will keep trusting my Heavenly Father, and I am so excited! I can't wait to find out is yet to come!!

3 comments:

Drew said...

I'm so disappointed too! It would have been great to have you living here. I envy your awesome attitude towards the whole thing. I'm praying that you find the perfect place to serve...and soon! :)

Michelle L. said...

(((HUGS))) Melinda!!!! I know the right thing will come for you, as it will for me!

Karis said...

Well, I'm really late on posting a comment because we have only had sporadic internet access for awhile and I am just now getting caught up on reading blogs. I too am sad that your heart is aching but thankful that you are willing to allow the Lord to heal it and try to see things from His perspective. You're exactly right -- He will guide your steps to what is best.