Saturday, August 23, 2008

Movin' on Up!!

Well, I have some good news. I am going to be moving on October 2....it's a little sooner than I was planning on going somewhere else, but I had a slight falling out with my landlord, and I need to be out by March (yeah...I won't go into all of the details, but let's just suffice it to say that he was being a little unreasonable about some things). Anyways, I found a really great two-bedroom, one and a half bath townhome. It has pretty much everything I have been looking for in an apartment -- two bedrooms, central a/c, a dishwasher, and washer and dryer hookups. So, I have to come up with some furniture and stuff before then. I have a line on a bed and a dresser and stuff like that. I still could use another couch and/or chair, a washer and dryer (would probably only need them for 5-6 months or so), and a dining room table. I could also use a microwave stand, but I will be able to live without one of those if I need to.

So to tell you a little about the place -- it's 1101 square feet. As you walk into the place, the stairs are right in front, and the living room is off to the left. It is really HUGE, probably about twice the size as the one I have now. There is a little closet underneath the stairs. You walk through the living room to get to the kitchen and dining room. It's all an open space, and a little bigger than the living room -- probably two times the space I have now for cooking and entertaining. The dining room and washer/dryer closet are on the left and the kitchen downstairs/half bath are on the right. There is lots of counter space and an extra pantry.

When you go upstairs, there is a fairly big landing where you could put a computer desk or little end table thing. The bathroom is straight ahead, and the bedrooms are on the left. Both bedrooms are HUGE, but one is a little bigger than the other. There is a full wall of closets in both of the bedrooms, as well as a linen closet upstairs. The bathroom is a little on the small size, but still bigger than the one I have now.

Oh -- and one of the things that really made me fal in love with the apartment is the living room walls. They are paneling, but not the dark kind -- it is a really light off-white kind of color. It's kind of like the nursery at Park City, if you remember that.

So there you have it. When I get moved, I hope lots of people will come to see my new place. Josh and I really like it -- it will be a great place for me to live until the big day. :o)

Have a happy weekend!!
Melinda

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Melinda, sounds like a really great place! I'm happy you are getting something better, but not for the reason you are getting something better. Let me know how things are going!