Monday, December 10, 2007

Ups and Downs


Well....It's been a really interesting few days since Friday. To start, I got laid off from my job on Friday. The layoff is effective the end of December, so I will be getting two more paychecks...so that's good for me. Plus, it is an answer to prayer in some bizarre sort of way. I've really been struggling with my job, and praying that the Lord would show me what He wants me to do...including helping me to be more content, especially if it would be His will for me to stay working there. Well, this is definately clear that I don't need to stay at the "current" job. So, that is a praise. I got my stuff packed up and out of the house I was living in -- I've been staying with my boss and his family -- on Saturday. The Lord provided me some friends to help move. That was a HUGE BLESSING....!!!!!



Then, Saturday morning, my dad went to the emergency room. It turns out he had a mild heart attack. They did a catheterization (spelling help !!) today and found several blockages. The doctors put in one stent in one artery that was 100% blocked. Dad is going to have triple bypass surgery in about four weeks. Scary!! The doctor said that the only thing that kept him from having a major heart attack is that there was one artery that wasn't blocked. I'm so thankful to the Lord that He allowed my dad to get to the hospital on time, and protected him from something even more serious.

On the positive side, I am staying with my cousin, Marilyn, for the week. I'm glad that she is close and I have a place to stay. I loooove coming up here -- was here on my birthday and Thanksgiving and last weekend for Krystina's wedding shower. I didn't ever really know Marilyn very much growing up -- she is my dad's first cousin, and she lived away from where we did for the most part. But, it has been really nice to get to know her. Marilyn and Karl's house feels so much like home to me, and they have a WONDERFUL doggie...Sam, who is my FAVORITE redhead!!

PLUS Marilyn let me spread my stamping stuff out all over the kitchen table. So, I was able to indulge in some stamping therapy. How nice to play with my toys again!! I love stamping so much (duh!) and just haven't had the time to do it lately.

Check out my Splitcoast Stampers blog HERE to find out more details about the cards I posted.
Have a happy night!!

1 comment:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

We will be praying for you as well as your dad...