Thursday, December 27, 2007

Update on Dad, and a card request

Here is an update/card request for my dad. I know some of this is redundant information, but I thought I'd just put it all together for you.


On December 8 he had a minor heart attack and had a stent put on the December 10th, and was scheduled to have triple bypass surgery on sometime around the middle of January. Due to the procedure, Dad was not able to go to my brother's wedding -- in Virginia, they live in Wisconsin -- and that was really, really hard on him.


Last night, Dad was having some chest pain and so Mom brought him to the emergency room. They decided to keep him overnight for observation. When the doctor came in this morning, he decided to keep Dad in the hospital until the surgery, which will be moved up -- we are waiting to hear back from the surgeon on that one.


My poor dad....he is going to be in the hospital on his birthday, January 1, waiting for open heart surgery, which will probably be on January 2...although we are not sure yet.
ANYWAYS - Dad is feeling pretty sad at the thought of being in the hospital for at least the next week and a half. My family is getting together a card shower and I was wondering -- Would you be so kind as to help us out??? I/we/he would really really appreciate it!!
Cards can be sent to:

James McMillen

c/o Saint Clare's Hospital

Room 2373

400 Ministry ParkwayWeston, WI 54476


A couple of hints:
Dad is a very conservative Baptist pastor

  • His name is James, but he goes by Freddy
  • His favorite color is blue
  • Dad grew up on a farm and LOVES horses

Most imporantly, we appreciate your prayers during this time. The Lord has given our family some very specific challenges to deal with, but God's grace is MORE THAN SUFFICIENT to meet our needs.

Thanks so much. I will be sure to keep you updated on the status of how things are going.

No comments: