Saturday, September 29, 2007

Yay for Brothers!

Well, I've been here since Tuesday....all by myself (sniff sniff). The people I'm living with are gone on vacation, or were. They are getting back tonight sometime....I acutally thought they would be here by now, but apparently not. Oh well.

So, I wasn't sure what I was going to do today. Fortunately, Mark came to my rescue. I drove out to Hampton about 1pm today or so, and we spend the afternoon together, and I got home about 8pm.

After I got home, our cousin (she is Dad's first cousin, if you really wanna know) Marilyn called me. It was really nice to chat with her. Marilyn and her husband Carl live about 2 hours or so from here. Well, we made plans for Thanksgiving -- Mark and I are invited and Krystina's family. Who knows who else may show up, but it will be really nice to have Thanksgiving with family, even though it's family I bearly know.

Tomorrow is church day....how's that for stating the OBVIOUS. I'm really excited about the church I'll be attending here. The name of it is Colonial Baptist Church. They have a pretty big singles/college and career group, so I'm really excited about that. There is a Bible study every other Friday evening -- the next one is on Friday. I'm eager to meet everyone there and develop some friendships. They also have small groups that meet weekly. I think there are like 3 groups of gals and 3 groups of guys. I am going to try and paraticipate in one of those, too. That's a great way to get to know people at church.

Well....hmmm....I'm trying to think of what else. Oh -- my first two days of work were ok. I think I'm going to like my co-workers, but it's so quite there -- lots of working and almost no talking.....that's sad. But, I guess that's what we are there for -- to work. Maybe there will be a little chatting as we get to know each other more. Who knows. OR MAYBE I just talk to much. That could be another possiblity for me to ponder. Hmmmm

Ok. Enough pondering. In case you were wondering, No -- Cynthia has not been born yet. This makes Melinda sad. BUT Maybe she will be born on my birthday. That would be cool....but I would feel very badly for Shannon if Cynthia waits that long to be born.

And so....I'm off to bed. Have a great night and a wonderful Sunday

No comments: