Saturday, July 14, 2007

Some Work and Some Fun

Work: I weeded my flower beds this morning. Ick! They were such a mess!! I filled a five gallon bucket and then some full of weeds and debris. It has been way too long since I worked in them. But, now my flowers look pretty again. Ok...ok....you can actually SEE the flowers. LOL! That took me about 2 hours or so. Then, I went upstairs and cleaned out my stamping room, and re-sorted my stamps. I keep them seperated between current and retired sets, and I have to tell you - when the catalogue updated, I lost a lot of my stamps to retirement. Oh well...I'll just have to buy more stamps I guess. LOL!!

And then for the fun part -- I spent some time stamping tonight JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO!! Yay!!! The last few weeks....months....I've been stamping cards to make at workshops or swaps I needed to get done. But tonight, it was stamping just for fun. I got to play some of the Splitcoast Stampers challenges. That is always such a fun way to get the creative juices flowing!! There is a challenge for each day of the week. My favorite are the sketch and color challenges.
So, here are my cards and a little bit about each one:

I'm not sure what inspired this card -- the ribbon or the image. But, the kitty cat is an image that someone sent me a long time ago. It's been floating around my stampin' room for quite a while. She is TTerquoise and kissed with Green Galore flowers, all embossed and a little sparkly. I got this ribbon about a month ago, and I really (HEART) it! It matched the image perfectly, so VOILA....there ya go!


I really love this sketch. Thanks, Roxie, for mixing it up a bit!! The dragonflys are embossed with white detail EP and the main one is popped up on dimensionals and covered with stickles. I had some ribbon that my DSS gave me the last time I played, and it just happened to match my colors perfectly. I used jumbo eyelets to attach it. I used DTP to edge the circle and triangle with Basic Black ink, so it would help define the edges just a bit.



I think this one is a little plain, but oh well....It is what it is. I love the ribbon that I used. I got it at Mike's for $1. It is some of that ribbon with the loopies on both sides.


If you want to learn more about what supplies I used on my cards, you can check out my Splitcoast Stampers gallery.

1 comment:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I love this! It's so playful and funky. Just my style!