...but nevertheless, it is true. My friend Karis Seely tagged me....yeah, on TUESDAY!! Hello....I guess someone was sleeping, huh? Well, here are eight random facts about me.
1. I LOVE SHOES, SHOPPING FOR SHOES AND TRYING ON SHOES.....but if you come to my house, I'm barefoot. Yeah, love shoes....hate wearing them. Karis -- I probably have at least 30 pairs of shoes.
2. My first job was working for Sonic Drive-In, as a carhop. Yeah....it's one of those jobs that gets more and more glamorous as the time goes on. I guess it was fun while it lasted, but I sure wouldn't want to do it again!!
3. I used to have a "Growth" on the end of my tongue. It looked like a tongue ring -- several people even asked me if I had one. ICK!! Fortunately, though, I had it removed a couple of years ago, when I had my wisdom teeth extracted. Funny thing, though....I still want to "play" with it sometimes. WAAAAAAT?????
4. Mom and I went shopping in Appleton, WI, this weekend. It was really nice. WE drove there...it's about 2 hours away....on Friday night and stayed at the Hilton Hotel. Very nice. WE sat in the hot tub for a while and relaxed. Then, we went shopping on Saturday. We were both looking for some "Churchy" clothes. I found quite a bit. Mom didn't find anything. That's the way it goes sometimes, I guess.
5. I have a cat. Her name is Wonka. She is this funny tan color of cat...not yellow or orange, but really almost khaki...with a white tip on her tail. She is actually curled up on my bed beside me right now, sleeping. Aren't cat's lovely things? Yeah yeah...I know....the crazy cat lady...whatever....humor me. I don't have any kids.
6. I was born in South Carolina, grew up in Mississippi, where we lived until I was in about 10th grade, then moved to Kansas, I went to college in South Carolina, then my family moved to Wisconsin. I've also lived in Virginia for a few months, the year after I graduated college. So, I've kind of lived all over the place.
7. Karis Seely (the one who tagged me) and I were pen pals in Jr. High and High School. Our moms went to college at Bob Jones University together, and that is how we became acquainted. I didn't actually meet Karis until I was in VA Beach for a while. My sister, Shannon, knows her better than I do. Isn't it funny how things come full circle sometimes? I always think the steps from one person to another are interesting.
8. One of the craziest things that has ever happened to me -- this is a FUNNY story!! Ok so, I was engaged a year and a half ago (don't worry, I'm not bitter....although I did get dumped in October, on my birthday, and our wedding date was set for December....anyways...). So, I sold my wedding dress on E-Bay...or at least I thought I had sold it. The purchase price was $400 plus shipping and handling. That wasn't too bad. SO, I get a money order in the mail for $3,000. The person who bought the dress...who was from the UK....wanted me to cash the money order and send him the balance back. YEAH RIGHT!! SO I called the cops, and apparently it was some big scam. There have been several like that around -- motel rooms, stuff like that. But it was odd. Hmmm....anyone need a money order?? About that time, I saw a card challenge on www.splitcoaststampers.com to make up your own holida. SO here's the card I came up with:
And there you have it....some random facts about Melinda. I tag the following people:
....so that's not eight, but those are all of the blogs I check on a regular basis. Sorry, guys.
Karis, thanks for tagging me. This was fun!!