Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Dawn, I updated my blog!!

HI, friends!! Sorry I have been so quiet. I haven't had much time for anything lately, and updating my blog has been on the very bottom of my to-do list. Most recently, the Lord has brought to my attention how blessed I am to have been raised in a Christian family.

There is a gal who goes to our church, who only comes occasionally. Well, to make a long story short -- I watched her 3 kids (3rd grade, 2nd grade, 1 year old) this past Thursday night, and then on Friday when her son (third grade!) figured out he was going to spend the night with me again, he ran away. So, it was a busy BUSY weekend!! I feel sorry for the kids. They are caught in between a welfare-mentality mom and a dad who is in and out of jail.

Well, the kid finally came home Friday night. By then it was almost 5:30, and I was expecting 8 guests for dinner. Wow -- talk about hectic!! We didn't eat until around 8pm. But, it was fun. The girls were good. The second grader was a HUGE help to me getting the house straightened up. I was so proud of her! The baby was pretty well behaved, too, which was nice.

So all of that to say this --

MOM AND DAD, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RAISIN' US RIGHT!! and for loving us and taking care of us while we were growing up, and for love and support during adulthood (mistakes and all!!).

So, what's been going on with you??

3 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh! Great post. Hope your mom and dad read it!

grandmascraps said...

I'm so glad to see a post by you again. I had almost given up. I have you linked to my site so I check you almost daily. I recieved an email once about "the mothers who drugged us" Drugged us to church etc. If I can find it again I'll send it to you. I too, had wonderful parents. They were such a wonderful example of love while growing up.

Karis said...

Being the mother of a 1 1/2 year old this Mother's Day has brought along with it a whole new perspective of how to appreciate my mother (and my dad). You're right -- what a blessing it is to have wonderful parents. And I now know firsthand how difficult being a parent can be -- and I'm just getting started. :-)