Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Do the Twist, Little Buggy!


Wow -- I've really been stamping up a storm lately. Since Friday, I've made 10 cards!! I've been participating in the daily SplitCoast Stampers challenges and making Easter and Anniversary cards. Wanna see them all? Click HERE to visit my SCS gallery.


The card I have pictured is one of my favorites. I love experimenting with colors, and this one was no exception. I haven't seen this color combo done anywhere else (that I know of...I'm sure someone else has picked it). For this card, I used the Faux Shaving Cream technique, Big Blossom and Very Punny stamp sets. To accent the red color block, I ran it through my paper crimper. On the Bashful Blue piece, I stamped my little buggy stamp (the same one I used in the technique) all over in Real Red, and then brushed the cardstock against the ink pad, to give it some extra color. I finished off with a couple of circle pieces, some ribbon...and VOILA!!


Faux Shaving Cream

To get started, ink up a solid stamp. Take a small stamp (1/2" to 1") and touch it to the inked surface of the solid stamp and then twist. Repeat the touch and twist motion all over the solid stamp. "Huff" (breathe) on the solid stamp to remoisten the ink if necessary and then stamp it on your cardstock. The result is a beautiful mottled look.


Variation: ink up the smaller stamp with a contrasting color before touching/twisting. This will introduce another color into the swirls.




No comments: